There is a lot going on in this podcast, so instead of writing my usual introductory blurb on this one, I thought I would do a list instead.
- We issue commands to Play a New RPG for the month of October
- We discuss using riddles and puzzles in your game and whether or not they are a useful tool in your GMing belt
- We debate another question from reader Disemvowel where he asks us what our perfect system would be in terms of individual mechanics from various systems
- We answer questions from samldanach about whether or not randomness is useful in a roleplaying game and a related question from BeefGriller about randomness and dice mechanics in roleplaying games
There are references to an article we wrote a while back on polarising roleplaying game between left and right style systems (much as we do political ideologies) which you may find useful to read before listening (if you haven’t read it already).
- 01:30 – Play a New RPG
- 02:28 – Riddles and Puzzles in RPGs
- 13:45 – Our favourite parts of various roleplaying games
- 32:28 – Dice and randomness in roleplaying games
All music provided by Rupert Goes Shopping.