In this carrot dangling episode we discuss rules mechanics and how they can be used to enhance roleplaying games. In particular we discuss how this is done in Rolemaster, Deadlands and Spirit of the Century. We also answer some listener questions, namely our thoughts on DnDNext, Palladium, and how to craft a classic “Who Dun It?” mystery in your games. All this, and a collection of stupid character names to boot!
- [02:20] Integrating rules and setting. Maths in games.
- [28:20] DnDNext VERY brief thoughts (Thank you Jack Hutton!)
- [31:13] Palladium (Thank you Timchanzee)
- [34:33] Crafting a Who dun it” (Again, thank you Timchanzee)
All music provided by Rupert Goes Shopping.
- D&D Basic Released by Wizards of the Coast
- D&D 5E Dungeonscape Beta: First Impressions
- AD&D 1st Edition Revised XP and Spell Tables
- Roleplaying Character Weakness and Vulnerability
- Hit Points